What to Expect During Your First Visit
Every individual’s orthodontic problem is different and deserves personalized attention. Your initial consultation is an important opportunity for us to get to know you, as well as the outcome you expect from your orthodontic treatment.
Your first visit to our office will consist of:
- A thorough examination, during which your teeth and jaw alignment will be evaluated.
- If the timing is right for you to start treatment, we will schedule an appointment for you to come in and have orthodontic records taken, which may include x-rays of your jaw and teeth, digital photographs of your face and teeth and impressions for study models to help communicate your treatment needs.
- Dr. Dingus and our technicians will gladly answer any questions you may have during your first visit. Our administrative staff will also assist you with methods of payment and any insurance questions. It is our goal that you have a clear understanding of your treatment and payment options.
Treatment planning consultation and bonding/impression appointment:
- Once Dr. Dingus has evaluated your records, detailed recommendations regarding your treatment options, as well as an explanation of length of treatment based on your specific needs, will be provided.
- Usually your braces or aligners are started during this appointment.
- Two appointments are needed to get your braces on. Each usually takes between 45 minutes to one hour.
- You will then see us at regular intervals of six to eight weeks apart; the frequency of appointments is based on your appliance type (Invisalign®, ClearCorrectTM or traditional braces). The regular adjustment appointments usually take 15 to 30 minutes each.